Monday, October 11, 2004

Sometimes I feel like a moron

So I wake up this morning (if you want to consider 1:30pm to be morning, I sure do anyway) and decide to make some progress in the home for a change. Went downstairs and pulled out the oven to try and find the bloody fuses to see if any had popped. I search high and low for the damn things, I took the whole oven out, removed the drawer, took off the whole back piece to get at the wiring, and find nothing. Behind the oven was a gross mess, so I decided to vaccum there, in the end, I vaccumed the main floor of the house, as well as my bedroom and the top floor (which consists of about 3 square metres). Cleaned up my room somewhat, and tried to devise a method so that my DDR mat would not slip anymore, which consisted of cleaning up most of the crap on the floor. It seems to have worked for now, but I haven't made the ultimate test to it yet; RHYTHM AND POLICE. I will do that eventually. Anyway I also cleaned up all the dishes, including my new ones that I got for my early birthday from my parents. Cooked up some fried rice and felt fat again after eating it. Messed around with my computer for a bit today as well. Things seem to be working much smoother now.

Parents eventually showed up to take a look at the oven. Dad found the fuses in about 2 seconds, which made me feel like an idiot right off the bat. But we noticed, after running through some tests to the circuits, that all of the fuses were fine. That means something else is messed up. We open the back and test all the wires with the mutimeter again. Everything seems to be working fine, so what the heck is wrong with the oven? Dad and I decide to look at the schematic diagram of the wiring for the oven. We find out that the timer must be set off for the oven to turn on. So we look at the dial for the timer, play around with that for about2 seconds, and the oven light turns on! Someone played with the timer setting last time they used to oven and thats what caused it to not turn on. Well don't I feel like moronnow. A 30 minute job solved in about 2 seconds. At least I will know now for next time. Now I can make muffins again!

Thanksgiving was good times. Anyday that involves turkey, Jackie Chan and Donna is a good day in my books :P. I felt so fat yesterday and tired after the turkey dinner, so what do I do about it? Eat pie and ice cream, then muffins, nuts and drink bubbletea. Now I really feel fat. I still feel fat a day later. I'm starting to feel that all the food I am eating is starting to catch up on me. Ok well maybe not, but one day I'm sure that it will.

What else happened lately? Hmmmm, well there was the YUBC kickoff outing. Was not a huge turnout, but still had some good times. Got to meet some new people, got to bowl really inconsistantly LOL. Also got to play some DDR for the first time in a good month. Man am I ever rusty. Almost failed on everything I did, Afronova Standard, Lets Groove Heavy and Max 300 Standard. I did nothing harder than 8 feet and I almost died. Of course the DDR machine was not the best. Pads too close to the screen, volume too low, and only one of the two mats was working. Once that was done, had some bubbletea and condensed milk toast. Also took a lot of useless random pictures. One more things to note: TMNT original cartoons is the best thing that has ever happened to mankind!

1 Comments:

Blogger Donna said...

Keep at it!
You've almost got those 2 lbs.!
Just.....6 more turkey dinners to go =P

October 11, 2004 at 9:40 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home