Sunday, July 31, 2005

Reverting to the old Childhood days

So as of late things have been really interesting to me. I seemed to have been reverting to a lot of things that I used to do when I was a whole lot younger. I went to Oma's place this last thursady to help out do some yard work, such as cut her grass and fix her grape vines etc. Once I finished this I went inside and she made me some flinsen. I remember back when I was taking Montesory school in the morning and then Kindergarden in the afternoon. Between classes I would always get picked up and brought back home for lunch. This was back in the house on Simon Henry when my Oma used to live with us. I remember for almost EVERY single lunch Oma would feed me flinsen before I was taken over to Kindergarden. Even though I think I ate it every single day, it was something that I never got sick of. Eating the flinsen at Oma's on Thursday just really reminded me of those days that are now only memories. Its just something about the Oma's touch that makes them taste so satisfying and good. I know I have made them from time to time, but it just isn't the same when I make these things myself.

It was also quite interesting at the Cottage yesterday. Usually at least once or twice a day we would always do water sports behind the boat. When I was younger it always consisted of water skiing. Ever since we got ourselves a wakeboard, I seemed to have put the skis away for good. For some unknown reason yesterday, I felt like pulling out the old skis for old times sake. My brother thought I was retarded for doing so, he was like "What? No wakeboard?". I hoped onto those skis, a little rusty from not going for at least 4 or 5 years and had a blast. I only fell once which wasn't too bad; it felt kinda weird however standing on skis after being on a wakeboard for so many years. Once my ride was finished, my legs were burning! I must not have used some of the muscles for years! After that, my brother wanted to Ski again, so off he goes on the big slalom ski that we had and then after that my Dad wanted to toot around on the skis for a bit. That evening after dinner, I was so tired that I had to lie down for a bit. I survived however and also made it home in once piece. It was a true blast from the past! I kinda miss those days sometimes...............

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've never gone water skiing in my life, but I often wonder if I would have enjoyed it. I used to drive the boat once in a while at my cottage though. But now I work and have no life.. oh well.... Everyone should take time to have fun and do things you know you still enjoy.

August 8, 2005 at 12:44 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looking for information and found it at this great site... Fat brunette shows pussy jc penneys online pay bill Cheap ink cartridges for xerox phaser 8400n Designer illinois in interior Aleksa yasmin wrinkle free oxford shirts Undelete xd Bmw z 3 car cover Star series electronic air cleaner English football cartoon iowa legal malpractice

February 4, 2007 at 9:43 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home