Saturday, April 30, 2005

The Styles of Ping Pong!

Another work week has come and gone. A lot has happened in this past week; I applied for my passport, wrote my g test and passed it, worked for 50 hours setting up countless lawn mowers at Nobleton Farm Service and Home Depot, played badminton on 2 occasions and went to go see a nice concert for L.A.T.

It is now saturday and I am about to head out to play badminton yet again. I was working in the shop until 3:00pm today, setting up machines and also making a delivery and teaching the customers how to use their new L111. I got home and chilled for a short while and then went to go play some ping pong with Brian for a little over an hour. I'm trying to stray away from the "Chinese Warrior" method of playing because I just cannot seem to get the proper backhand with it. I now believe that I am aware of the benefits and disadvantages to the Chinese Warrior style and the convensional style:

The "Chinese" style as some may call it (I don't really know a real way to call it, the one where you hold the paddle upside down) seems to be quicker when moving from your forehand to your backhand since you do not need to switch over hands when changing. However, the backhand with this style seems very awkward for me; it is really hard to get any top spin on the ball therefore its hard to keep the ball on the table. My forehand smashes in this style are a LOT weaker, but I can at least hit the table half the time with this style. The other disadvantage to it is see is that it seems limited in how you can serve, you just can't seem to get a good enough spin on the ball when you serve in the "Chinese" style.

Its kinda funny why I would call this the "Chinese" style, because out of all the Chinese people I know that I have played ping pong with, only one person hits this way.

Also just a fair warning to people who my think I'm somewhat good at ping pong because I am so bored right now that I am analysing 2 different styles. I actually reall suck at ping pong and I'm just saying all this stuff beacause I cannot seem to think of anything better to do at this moment. And having said that, its time for me to go and fold some laundry.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is very interesting site... » » »

February 7, 2007 at 9:38 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home