Monday, March 14, 2005

8 legs does not mean a tasty treat

So here I am, sitting in front of my computer with a cup of water sitting beside me that I had just filled before I went to bed last night. I take a sip from this water, since I didn't think it was that old and did not see it necessary to just throw it away. So I take a sip, then another sip. The water looks just fine, tastes just fine, just a little warm since it was at room temperature. A minute or two later, I take another sip from my water, but this time I experienced a strange sensation of some solid object passing over my lips, immediately I spit the foreign matter out of my mouth and back into my cup of water. I peer into the cup and stare in disbelief. The unknown piece of matter that had attempted to enter my stomach was a dead spider. I immediately run downstairs to dispose of the spider properly. As I now sit here writing this post, still with an uncomfortable sensation on my tongue where the spider had made contact, I think to myself; I should have known better than to leave ANYTHING sitting out in this house, and then drink it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home