Sunday, April 17, 2005

This really really sucks

So I have to go back to work tomorrow for the summer. Awesome, another 4 months spending 50+ hours a week at a job I hate with a bloody passion. As everyday before I have to start working again I feel down and depressed, but today it goes beyond that. I realize that my summer will be just like the past 3, which does not make me feel any better since every year, the summers seem to get worse and worse. I guess I could try and find a new job somewhere, but right now I have to stick with what I've got, which is something I truely hate. It seems easy for people that if they don't like a job, they quit. For me its something more than that. Although I hate this stupid job, I feel like I can't go and find another one. I really don't understand why.

As I stand downstairs, cooking up some food to eat since I haven't really eaten anything today, the windows in my kitchen are open and all I hear are the screams of little kids out in the courtyard running around like little idiots. Now for those of you that know me well, you are aware of the fact that I do not like kids at all. Well now I think I have figured out why I do hate them so much. Its not that they are annoying or loud or seem to perpetually have A.D.D. I think now that its more of the fact that I envy those little buggers. Every year I grow a little older and realize how much it sucks to get older. Every year older I get, more and more responsabilities and commitments get dumped onto me. Then I look at these little kids running around without a care in the world. I guess I really envy these things that run around and scream their heads off and sort of wish I could do the same thing myself still. This seems to be the reason why I don't like these little kids. As anyone can agree, it sucks to get old.

I guess I gotta try and take what I can get and make the best of it. Usually I can follow my own advice, but right now I just can't seem to do it. I just kinda want to curl up in the corner and shrivel away into nothing. The fact that I can't see the one person in the world that I want to see right now is not making things any better.........

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey man. Yah, no one will argue with you about the fact that work/getting old sucks. But you should totally try to find another job. The 'rents will find a replacement for you, no problem. Anyways, i guess it is about making the best of what you got, no matter how much or how little. So, just take 'er easy. It'll be an alright summer, i'm pretty sure of it. Later man.

April 20, 2005 at 10:31 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey man. Yah, no one will argue with you about the fact that work/getting old sucks. But you should totally try to find another job. The 'rents will find a replacement for you, no problem. Anyways, i guess it is about making the best of what you got, no matter how much or how little. So, just take 'er easy. It'll be an alright summer, i'm pretty sure of it. Later man.

April 20, 2005 at 10:31 a.m.  
Blogger Thu - main said...

Hey Buddy, sorry to hear u're so blue... I agree w/ the kids and their not having a care in the world. But I love being around them for that fact. I mean, can you ever just pick your nose infront of a stranger, wipe it on your shirt and then pick up something ot eat with that same finger and then of all things, to lick on that finger?! No wonder the little buggers get sick all the time... but regardless, I still love being around them.

April 24, 2005 at 5:43 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home