Monday, October 25, 2004

Sleep is worth its weight in gold

So I go to bed at 1 last night because I had to be out of the house by 8:00. I think I'm about to fall asleep at 2, but then I start getting text messages to my phone. Oh well thats ok, it was another night where I could not sleep. And on top of that, I wake up in the morning at 6:00. I do not have a clue in the world what it was that made me wake up at this hour.

Anyway so the reason I had to be out of the house by 8:00 was because I had to drive all the way up to Alliston (which is on hwy 89) to play in part of the Georgian Region league meet. I would say that it ended up being a successful day. There were two flights for mens doubles: A and B. The Director of our club told the people running the tourney that Brian and I were high B flight constesants. Our first game ended up being supposedly the top team in the B flight category. The first game we beat them 15-1. The second game they put on a good run but we still beat them 15-13. So our next game, for some reason, we got put up against the top team in the A Flight. Apparently this team basically wins most of the Georgian region Tournaments. They were a good team, but they definately are not invincable. Brian and I put up a good fight but still lost both games to them. Basically the reason that they edged us out was because of experience; Brian and I had a few more mistakes then they did and that was the difference in the game. They were both good games and I was really pleased with the outcome of them. We ended up playing a third game against what seemed to be a father/son team. They were both good players; the son being the better of the two, with a really strong smash, so we picked on the father and beat them both games. The second game was a little too close for comfort though, 15-13. We still held on though. Overall, it was a really good day.

And what better way to celebrate 6 good games of badminton than to eat a truckers breakfast at the HUSKY. There goes all the calories that we burned off playing badminton, but it was well worth it. 5 pieces of bacon, 3 eggs, homefries and TOAST. Definately cannot go wrong with that :).

Anyway so yesterday I tried to go home and change my oil, and do a good cleaning out of my car. All I had time for was to clean the outside of it and clean the windows. At least I can see out of the car now, but the oil still needs to be changed. Hopefully I can do that sometime soon, I'm 800km past due right now :S.

Also went to kareoke yesterday with Thu and his buddies, as well as some folk at YUBC. Good times. A little short though because I had to get up and play baddy the next morning. Only had a chance to sing one song, Beat it with Khoa. And let me tell you, I SUCK at singing, especially to MJ. It just doesn't work for me. It also doesn't help that I listen to old hippie music, and that no one else there does. You don't see many old hippie songs at an Asian Kareoke place either. Anyway, I guess thats about all that I have to say for right now. Cya.

1 Comments:

Blogger Donna said...

You need to sleep more!!!!

October 27, 2004 at 12:12 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home