Tuesday, November 23, 2004

Another Friend almost gone

In about a week or so, it will be time to say goodbye to yet another friend. It just seems to me that in the past 5-6 months or so, that everyone is dissappearing to a different Asian country. First its Otto going back to HK, then Nathan dissappears to Japan. Next thing you know Nick is out in Korea and now Thu is about to go off to Taiwan. Although it is farely sad that each of these individuals is leaving, you cannot help to feel very proud of them at the same time. They are all taking their lives to the next level, following their own paths and knowing that there is nothing in their way to bind them to the societies that they have grown up in and became used to. All I can say is that I wish the best to all of them, wherever they may go or wherever they may end up.

On another note, just lived through a nice and busy week, and just started yet another one. Last week consisted basically of trying to promote the YCSA tourney, getting trophies, trying to keep Donna from going insane, as well as trying to do well on a Mandarin test. I think I did ok in most aspects, but of course, not perfectly. This week consists of an essay outline that I didn't do, a dramatic telling of one story in Chinese and a dramatic reading of another, travelling downtown for a makeup bass lesson, going downtown on Friday to party one last time with Thu, and also perhaps play in another tournament on Saturday in Bradford. Looks like no time to rest this week either, oh well.

I also have another thing that makes me ponder. It seems that a lot of the people that I have made friends with over the last year or so in University think that I am an alcoholic. I'm not exactly sure why they think this way. Sure I do enjoy the burnful taste of Jack Daniels and Bacardi 151, but not on a regular basis. Sure I can possibly drink more than most of my friends in YUBC, but thats only for one reason, IM WHITE!!!!! Compared to my high school friends back in Nobleton, I am a disgrace to all drinkers, and I kinda feel like I am going to be a disgrace to everyone at Distrikt on Friday. That is all I think that I have to say about the topic. My drinking habits are pretty weak for a white guy.

I know none of these topics I talked about seem to link in any way whatsoever. All I can say is that you are right, they dont link up at all, my mind thinks in very random ways, and that is all that I have to say

2 Comments:

Blogger Alex said...

So, yep i'll vouch for Kevin on this one, he's a terrible drinker for someone comming out of nobleton. All you have to do is . . . well. . . look at any of his nobleton friends. such as myself!, and we can tell you all about drinkin. now. . .umm. . . ya. . .that's it.bye.

November 23, 2004 at 11:26 a.m.  
Blogger Donna said...

I didn't *quite* go insane last week. Was on the brink....but didn't. Thanks to you, of course. ;)

November 25, 2004 at 4:58 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home