Tuesday, November 16, 2004

Some change needs to be done

So I have been thinking a lot in the past few days, since I actually had some time to relax this weekend. I have been hearing some negative comments about how YUBC is being run poorly. And I would have to say that I totally agree. There are many things that need to be done in order to make the club a lot better place. There are no fingers to point in this situation however, this change needs to be done by all the members of the Exec, its not just one person who is doing things wrong. Sure we are all doing some things well, but others not so well. So basically today was the start of the new face of YUBC. Trying to communicate a lot more, since that is our biggest problem, communicating with the other execs, as well as communicating more with the members. I know that so far I have been doing a really poor job with communicating with the members. With the YCSA tourney just around the corner, this is a perfect time to show that we can improve. And I feel confident that it will.

So this week appears to be the "Week from Hell" for most people. I for one, do not fall into this category. I have a test in chinese on thursday, and thats it really for the whole week. Gives me more time to focus on other things. Too bad that since this is the "Week From Hell", I can't really spend much time with certain people. All I have is MSN and that program is so bloody impersonal its impossible to figure out what anyone means. Even with all the webcam stuff and all that, it still isn't close to being the same as really being with the person. For this reason, I feel that it is going to be a long week for me :(.

Man I can't wait until breaktime, no more stupid useless courses to worry about. Maybe during the break I can get everything that I want moved into the house, so I get one more thing off my mind.

Probably be doing some jamming with Alex and Sean during the break, that will be really nice. I haven't done that for a long time and I am really starting to miss it. Time is hard to find. Always wish there was more of it.

Sometimes I feel that a day should be so much longer than it is. It seems that the ideal day for me, since I love to sleep about 10 hours a day, and be awake for about 17, that the day should be 27 hours long. That would be perfect for me. Considering I only slept for 2 hours last night, then had a morning class and then YUBC. It would have been nice to get three extra hours lol.

So what else? Hmmm. Well this weekend was really nice and relaxing for a change. I really needed some time and I got it this weekend. Visited the parents on Saturaday, ate some great food and also went out for a nice dinner on Sunday. The only problem was that I missed most of Sunday because I didn't get up until 2:30pm. I really gotta stop doing that if I want to get some sleep the next night, considering I have an 8:30 class on monday morning :s. Well I guess thats all the boredom material I will shower you with for now, take care.....

1 Comments:

Blogger Alex said...

Hey, good to hear that you're finally gettin things organized, and lucky for you this ISN"T hell week. I've got an essay to write for today and then an exam on friday, and then 3 more due the week after. this is gonna be suck. well hopefully the holiday's come fast b/c im sick of this too....haha.....anyway, i gotta jet, i have class soon, take er easy

November 17, 2004 at 10:24 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home