Friday, November 26, 2004

No more Music and Cultures for me, for now anyway

Yep so its been said and done. I finally decided to drop a course in University. I have been tempted many times in the past, but I was finally proded to do so this morning.

It all started yesterday when I asked my friend if there was anything coming up in our class soon, since I have only been to that class 2 times thus far. To my dismay, he tells me that there is a Test coming up the next day (which would be today now). So I decided to go home and think about studying for it. Turns out that I decided to go to Crappy Tire to get some things, as well as T&T to get some groceries. I get home about 3:30pm or so and decided to start cracking on the studying. Well of course that only lasted about 5 minutes when I logged into msn and decided to look at stuff on ebay. That took about an hour of my time, and by about 4:30 or so, maybe 5:00, I decided to take a nap. I hopped into bed, and my mind started racing. What the heck am I going to do with my room? I want to re-organize my room, but cannot seem to find a good method in doing so. My room may be big, but it was not designed too well, which makes it hard to set it up. So anyway, after laying in bed for about 10 minutes, I decieded that I did not want to sleep anymore. Again, I hopped onto MSN and starting talking with Donna about how I can rearrange the stuff in my room. Another hour or so passed, and we got nowhere, other than me keeping her from doing her essay that was due, sorry! So 6 o'clock hits and I decided to head into Nobleton to say hi to the parents and grab a few things to bring back. I wanted to be home farely early, like maybe 9 at the latest, but I did not get home until about 10:30 or so. Time to study? Heh I wish, MSN somehow got in the way again. So between 10:30 and 2:00, I think I got about a good half hour of studying to do. After that I went to bed so I could wake up in the morning to write the test.

The next morning rolls around and I decided to sleep through Lecture and go to class to tutorial, where the test would take place. I arrive at school at about 10:28 or so, and Tutorial is supposed to start at 10:30. I peek my head through the window of the classroom, and I see the Prof there, who doesn't teach the tutorial. This makes me think to myself that I had a few more minutes before tutorial, so I could study a bit longer. Next thing I know, its 20 minutes later, and Tutorial has not started yet. I walk over to the class, and I still see the Prof there, but it looked like the class was doing the test. Its not like I can walk in late to the test either, its a listening test and they only play the examples once. Kinda frusterated, I decided to walk home and drop the course. That test was another 5% down the drain. I've already lost 5% on the test before that one, as well as another 5% from attendence, and I also handed in the assignment for that class 5 days late. If I really tried, I could still pass the course, but I need to to better than that to keep my GPA up, so I'll try again with the course next year. And that is the end of mu Horrific tale, hehe.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home