Monday, November 29, 2004

A Winner is ME

Indeed a winner is me, after this weekend. It all started with a little clubbing experience. Well most of you that somewhat know me, know that I don't usually go clubbing for I'm not a fan of doing that sort of thing. But of course there are some special occasions where sometimes I find myself stumbling onto the dance floor. So anyway, it all started on Friday evening. Once everyone finally got ready to go to Distrikt, we all piled into my little 1000HP Cavalier (lol!)
We made it downtown around 11:30 or so, can't remember the time for sure. Anyway so it turned out to be a night where I did not want to drink too much, but that sure did not happen. First the beer, then the rum and coke, then the shots, then more rum and coke, more shots and more beer. I cannot really remember how much I had that night, still not too much, considering I am a lightweight and all (8-9 drinks is probably the MAX I had). So I'm of course feeling pretty good, making an ass of myself on the dance floor, as usual, then I decided that I should go to the washroom, after who knows how many drinks without a single break. Once I get out of the washroom, I realize that I had too much to drink (which was probably about 30 minutes after my last drink). So we finally leave the club at about 3:30, me not feeling any better, decided that I should settle for the finger down the throat routine. So I do that in a park near where my car was parked, not feeling any better on the ride home, I had a nice plastic bag to hold onto. Once we finally got home, which was at about 4-4:30 or so in the morning, I immediately jumped into bed and passed out for about 20 minutes, since that seems to be the cure to my sickness from too much alcohol. Once I woke up, I was feeling a lot better, but not really any less tipsy from the booze, I spent the rest of the short night, talking away with Dondon.

Why does that make me a winner you ask? Well the rest of the story is what makes me a winner. I had to wake up at 8 that morning to play and a Badminton League play in Bradford. So of course I spent the night talking so I didn't to fall asleep and was still awake at 8AM. Donna couldn't make it up so Brian and I headed to Bradford and left her at home so she could sleep. We arrived at the school at 9am after meeting up with Khoa and Nhi. I was of course, still in no condition to drive at that point so Brian drove my car. Thank goodness for Designated Drivers. So shorlty after 9, Brian and I had our first match, against the best men's doubles team that was there. So we both stumble onto the courts (Brian not really having much sleep that night either, if any) and we start warming up. I look up at the birdie and realized that I was still drunk! I'll tell you that it is not easy playing badminton at all after not sleeping the night before and being drunk all at the same time. Needless to say that we did not win our first match, but we still almost had them. We could have played better that game despite being in the condition that we were in. We ended up playing 2 more matches that day, but we won those 4 games pretty easily, suprising enough.

So once my matches were all done, I immediatly went home so I could catch some sleep. Me of course being an idiot, had a craving for an iced Cap on the way home. That is likely the reason why I still could not sleep when I got home. Eventually we all went out for KBBQ to celebrate........ the fact that we were hungry? Anyway so after KBBQ we went home, I popped on msn for a bit, as usual and headed to bed at 1:30am. Was awoken at 3 or so by a phone call and then went back to bed and did not wake up today until 3pm. Needless to say that this Sunday was a not very eventful one for me, just did some driving and took care of a few simple things.

Anyway so thats the end of my story, the moral: Clubbing, consuming Booze and playing Badminton should not be done in such small intervals from eachother. I'm lucky I actually survived it all lol.

2 Comments:

Blogger Thu - main said...

I am all caught up on the life and times of Zin. Continue to write! I look forward to reading more.

BTW, congrats on being hungry! It's a nice feeling when you have the means to subside it. I on the other hand am sitting here at 3:26am, about to blog on my own site, and feeling the rumble myself.

November 29, 2004 at 3:26 a.m.  
Blogger Dan said...

I'm so proud ;_;

December 1, 2004 at 1:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home