Sunday, December 05, 2004

Quiet? A little too Quiet

So here I am in Nobleton right now. Had to come home for the weekend to take care of the cats and the dog. Man I almost forgot how much of a pain in the rear those things are, but I still love them. Anyway so my parents decided to take off to Phoenix to take a little break and to go and visit some family. Since this is basically exam time for me, I get to stay in North York and Nobleton to take care of the pets.
Spent a pretty quiet day here. Got up at about 1:50pm. Had a shower and headed out of the door to get Donna from work, then to head over to the other part of town to pick up Brian from the airport. After that I dropped Brian off at home and then came to Nobleton. Spent a rather nice time here, finished watching Rumble in the Bronx that we started watching during Thanksgiving but never had time to finish. We also had some Dim Sum for dinner, man I love that stuff. While Donna was steaming to soup filled dumplings and boiling the Pork and Chive Dumplings, I was making some "chewy" chocolate chip cookies. The recipe that I used was definately less than stellar. It did not really say anything other than "Mix ingredients and bake at 350 for 11 minutes". Thats about it. So anyway I guess I made the cookies too big and didn't really set them on the tray correctly, therefore it took a lot longer to bake than 11 minutes. Also the bottoms got a lot browner than the top of the cookies and they did not end up chewy all. All I can say is that the cookie dough was a lot tastier than the finished product. I could just sit there all day and eat cookie dough, until my bowels would burst of course. Anyway, maybe next time I'll make some better cookies. On top of that the soup filled dumplings stuck together so they all burst open when we tried to get them off of the steamer. No soup left, but they were still very tasty.
After all that excitement of cooking all that food, I find myself sitting at my computer at 3:08am, realizing that I have not really done much studying for my tests on Monday yet. Spent most of the time trying to think up what to get for people for Christmas and chatting on MSN.
It is really quiet in this house right now. Theres nothing other than me, my old dog and my three brain dead cats. Most of them seem to be sleeping right now so I am sitting here in silence. Its really nice to have things quiet for a change, but to me it seems like it is TOO quiet. I thought that it would result in me getting a little more school work done, but once again, I have been proven wrong.....

1 Comments:

Blogger Donna said...

Quiet, eh?

SO quiet that you had to post this three times?
Heheh!

December 6, 2004 at 9:11 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home